Cannabis is gaining more acceptance across North America, and magic mushrooms may be next.
Magic mushrooms have come a long way from being a symbol of the counterculture in the 1960s. Now they are the talk of media and medical journals because of their health benefits.
A 2022 study indicates that psilocybin may be able to help individuals suffering from depression. Psilocybin is the compound that gives the mushrooms their hallucinogenic effects.
Other mental health issues psilocybin might mitigate include anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Other studies even revealed psilocybin could help an individual quit smoking.
Some take it solely for recreational purposes, while others take it for its health benefits. However, all users agree that magic mushrooms taste horrible when taken straight.
A little sweetness can go a long way with terrible-tasting medicine or food. Like cannabis, it pays to be creative with infusing magic mushrooms into your desserts.
Why should you infuse magic mushrooms into desserts?
The typical way to take magic mushrooms is to dice them and ingest them raw. If you do not mind the awful bitter taste, that method is quick and easy.
Luckily, creative minds and mushroom enthusiasts have made recipes to make its consumption more pleasant. Cooking mushrooms not only makes them enjoyable but also makes them easier to digest. The process dissolves the raw mushrooms’ cell walls, allowing smoother digestion.
Here are the most straightforward magic mushroom dessert recipes. You will want to take notes before deciding to buy magic mushrooms online.
Also known as blue honey, mushroom-infused honey may not always be blue, but it is always delectable. The bluish tinge some products achieve is due to bruising of the mushrooms, which isn’t ideal.
In either case, this honey is an excellent addition to your tea, dessert, or on its own. The recipe is quite simple, but it takes a month to be ready for eating.
- Chop fresh magic mushrooms and put them into a shallow jar or container. If you use dry mushrooms, grind them into a powder using a coffee grinder.
- Fill the jar with honey until you have submerged all the magic mushroom pieces.
- Place the jar in a cool dark place for at least a month and up to four months. The more time it remains stored, the better.
- After a month, the honey will be ready to consume. You can use the finished product as a dessert topping or take it as is.
As the name implies, the recipe combines yogurt and magic mushrooms for a healthy and tasty treat.
- Dice the magic mushroom as small as possible.
- Choose a store-bought or homemade yogurt variety according to your preference. Mix the diced mushrooms into it.
- Add chopped fruits if desired before digging in.
Magic Mushroom Jello
Jello-infused mushrooms can make for quite the bouncy psychedelic dessert. The ingredients are also quite affordable, so it is a practical dessert for the health and budget-conscious.
- Place two cups of water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the magic mushroom powder and stir for about five minutes.
- Pass the magic mushroom solution through a filter to remove any large solids into a bowl.
- Mix a packet of jello powder into the boiling shroom tea, ensuring the jello dissolves completely.
- Pour the shroom-jello mix into a mold and place it inside the refrigerator. DO NOT FREEZE IT.
- Add diced magic mushrooms into the mix before it becomes solid if desired.
Magic mushrooms may taste gross on their own, which might turn many people off. Yet you can get around that by making these simple recipes. You will have happy taste buds and a good trip.
Also, Read More About – Maxtra Syrup